The bag is loosely based on this pattern. I made it with Brown Sheep Company chunky yarn (despite the fact that every felted project I’ve ever read about calls for worsted weight, it worked very nicely). Knitted on size 10.5 circular needles. I would have used bigger needles, but, well, I own 10.5 and I don’t have any money, so that’s what I used.
Once I got the felted bag all knitted, I must admit, had a moment of panic at the sheer size of the thing. But it felted up beautifully. As soon as I took it out of the washer, I realized that I had not knitted the handles, but those were pretty quick.
I spent some quality time with the sweater shaver after the bag and handles dried, as well. I think that took about as long as the knitting took!
I do think it’s a little out of perspective. It’s a little too long for its width. But I am still happy with it!
This is Wally’s corduroy suit. It’s for next winter – I actually sewed it now because I thought I might be kind of busy next fall, but as it turns out, I won’t be. But it’s done nonetheless. I didn’t hem the pants or sleeves – we’ll wait and do that when it’s closer to winter so we’re sure they’ll be a good length.
This is the pattern I used. I think I might make him another one for summer, it’s so cute. And it went together really quickly, actually. A few hours, maybe? The lining in the jacket clearly took the most time, and it wasn’t even that bad.
Brown corduroy on the sides, green suede with brown embroidery on front and back. It is a smidge tight on the hips – I think it looks OK, but it’s a bit immodest for my personal taste.
I will make the next one with slightly wider panels!
Knit using Regia Silk sock weight yarn. Size 2 needles. 70 stitches by 125 rows. Knit in a rectangle and then seamed in the back because I’m still afraid of knitting with dpns.
I have about 75% of a ball left, and I’m not sure what to do with it now.
Several people have emailed/commented asking for patterns for kid’s legwarmers. Here’s what I did.
1) Measured around his thigh and the length of his leg.
2) Knit a swatch. Took measurements from this swatch to figure out how many stitches around to make the legwarmer.
3) Started knitting. 10 rows of k1p1 ribbing, then just stockinette for rows and rows and rows. I held it up to Wally’s leg every so often to check progress and when I reached nearly the length that I wanted, I knit another 10 rows of k1p1 ribbing, then bound off, then seamed it up the back. Those not frightened by dpns could easily knit these in the round.
4) I used a long-tail cast-on for stretchiness, but did just a regular bind off, which I kind of regret.