Two pairs of summer socks

Well, the socks aren’t necessarily summer socks. But I finished them in the summer! I had the first sock of both of these pairs completed in March, and the second socks were lagging for one reason or another. The stripey pair, I needed more yarn, and then I needed to finish the purple pair. The purple pair, I guess I’ve just been busy! It took far longer than it should have to finish up that second sock!!

But I’m happy with both pairs. I LOVE the purple pair. The yarn is nice (it’s Joann’s Sensations Bamboo and Ewe, which knits up nicely) and I love the pattern (Harris Tweed). This pair was made for a friend of mine, at her request. I don’t think there’s ever any way to charge a fair price for a hand-knit pair of socks, lol. $1 million should suffice.

Sandi's Socks

The stripe pair is from Knitpick’s Felici yarn. I love the yarn, and I like the pattern, with one exception – it’s baggy around the legs, particularly the cuff. Annoying!

My socks

Today, I’m shopping for headcoverings

Found Style Underground’s video demos of new-to-me ways to tie headscarves.

And their Lucia Latte scarf is really pretty!

.

Sowers of Hope is on an Etsy team with me. They make many types of headcoverings, including the style I usually wear, the Tichel, or mantilla.

.

Garlands of Grace offers some simple, and beautiful coverings.

.

These are super fun, but I don’t think I could actually wear one.

.

Happy Homestead has pretty stuff, but it’s generally more, hmmm, “I wear victorian take-off calico dresses” than I like.

.

I think I’m leaning towards something from Garlands of Grace…

Genna’s Spring Dress

Dress

I started this on spring break, but traveling by RV with 11 people, including your 17 month old, doesn’t give you as much knitting time as you might think. I think I got about 10 rows done on the entire week-long trip.

It is awfully adorable, though, and actually a fairly simple knit. It’s worked from the bottom up. The pattern calls for 3 skeins of the skirt color and 2 of the bodice color, but I only needed 2 of the skirt and 1 of the bodice (fortunately, because that’s all I had). I did use up every last scrap for seaming.

The pattern is Soli. The yarn is CotLin (cotton/linen blend) from KnitPicks.