Last week, our movie was Wall-E. My own Wally needed a more masculine movie after The Little Mermaid. 🙂
For dinner, we had:
- Meatloaf Trash Cubes – meatloaf baked in a cake pan and cut into cubes. I was actually hoping for more cube-y cubes, but we got flat-ish cubes instead. Whatev.
- Potato Cubes – just potatoes cut into squares and baked. Then fried, because the meatloaf was done but the potatoes were still hard.
- Garden Salad – um, salad. To represent the food they’d grow on Earth, since we couldn’t grow Pizza.
- Jello Cubes. My kids have never had Jello. Even Teddy took a few bites. 🙂
- Robot Oil to drink – chocolate milk. Turned out to be sort of chocolatey milk, since we were nearly out of chocolate syrup all of a sudden.
For decorations, we got out Wally’s plush Wall-E. Genna colored a picture, too, but I didn’t get a picture of it, I guess.
We had planned two activities for the afternoon: picking up trash in the yard, and making our own robots out of recycling. But, well… first, it rained all day, so all the pizza wrappers and cups from the gas station that the teenagers throw on the sidewalk on their way home from school will just have to wait for another day. And then, everyone just sort of got busy running around and playing and forgot about the robots they were making. Which is fine.
Why is Mater there? Because Teddy couldn’t stand the thought that Wall-E was going to get to sit on the table at dinner but Mater was going to remain in the bed.