Completed: Laptop cases
I finished up Case #3 yesterday, and also put the finishing touches on Case #1. Suffice it to say, I will NOT be making these for sale any time soon! I still have enough foam left for one more case, but I’m going to store it away for a few months. Something tells me I’ll be desperate enough for something new and fun come January that making another of these will seem like fun.
For case #3, I made it a cube like case #1, but I sewed it with the seams on the outside, then covered the seams with bias tape. It doesn’t look altogether bad, though if you look at it closely, you can see that it’s kind of rough in places. The perfectionist in me wants to fix it, but most of me wants to just be done and call it good enough. So – it’s good enough.
I liked the fabric a lot, but I think I’d like it better on something else. It kind of made this project look a little old-lady-ish. Ah, well, it’s not altogether bad.
And here is case #1, finished. Just added bias tape around the top edges.