WIP: 1940s Playsuit
So I have this rolly bin in my office/workroom and in it was a bunch of started or cut out sewing projects from, uh, when we lived in our apartment. So, pre-1999. Found this outfit in there, cut out but still attached to the pattern. I remember starting it, actually. One piece of the bra top had the darts sewn in, but that’s it. Funny, because it was actually a really easy project. At first. I finished it in about 1 hour a day for 5 days. (That’s 1 hour a day in Mommy Time. Which means constant interruptions.) At first.
Then I tried it on. Holy smokes, the jacket and overskirt are HUGE. I’m going to remove the pockets on the skirt and take in all the seams, then re-attach the pockets (so they’re even this time, lol). I’m also going to try adding a seam in the middle back, removing about three inches, and seeing if I can somehow adjust the front of the jacket so the buttonholes are in a better position/centered. They are off center in a lame-ass attempt to pull the jacket tight enough.
It’s fun, though. I hope I can fix it. Here’s the pattern.