Finished: W’s Leg Warmers
Knit using Regia Silk sock weight yarn. Size 2 needles. 70 stitches by 125 rows. Knit in a rectangle and then seamed in the back because I’m still afraid of knitting with dpns.
I have about 75% of a ball left, and I’m not sure what to do with it now.
Several people have emailed/commented asking for patterns for kid’s legwarmers. Here’s what I did.
1) Measured around his thigh and the length of his leg.
2) Knit a swatch. Took measurements from this swatch to figure out how many stitches around to make the legwarmer.
3) Started knitting. 10 rows of k1p1 ribbing, then just stockinette for rows and rows and rows. I held it up to Wally’s leg every so often to check progress and when I reached nearly the length that I wanted, I knit another 10 rows of k1p1 ribbing, then bound off, then seamed it up the back. Those not frightened by dpns could easily knit these in the round.
4) I used a long-tail cast-on for stretchiness, but did just a regular bind off, which I kind of regret.