Knitted scarf, mittens, hat
OK, I think I’m finally done for real. The scarf was pretty easy. I did it with two rows of knit, then two rows of purl. The color stripes are actually in kind of a code using dates that are important to our family – birthdays, anniversary, etc. Kind of cheesy, but kind of fun.
The hat was done following a free pattern I found online and have since lost, sorry. I hate doing that. I altered it quite a bit to make it long enough to cover my ears completely.
The mittens were originally made using Bev’s THE Mitts pattern. But I found that the increases for the thumb started way too early and were too gradual to fit me well, so after trying a few things, I ended up cutting the mittens apart just below the thumb, and reknitting starting at the top of the ribbing. I did NOT increase right away after the cuff, but instead knitted 8 or so rows in stockinette without any increases, then added in about 7 stitches on the next row, to join back up with the rest of the mitten using kitchener stitch.
And after all that, I realized I could have just simply left out those 8 stockenette rows, and simply joined the ribbing directly to the top part of the mitten and saved myself some work. But oh well.