Closed until further notice
I made a somewhat sudden decision in the last hour. I’m closed. Not forever, hopefully, but at least for a while.
I just can’t do it any more. I sat down at 11 am to process 20 orders from the week we were in the hospital. It’s 4:00. I’ve had to stop twice to pump, and even so, I’m behind in pumping. Teddy’s thrown up 5 times. I’ve changed clothes twice before I gave up. I’ve stopped at least a dozen times to try to feed him. I’m only halfway through, and I’m so stressed out that I’m in tears.
It’s just not worth it right now. I can’t keep trying to do everything, there just is not enough of me to go around. When I think about the fact that we’re starting school again in a few weeks… I just honestly don’t know when I’ll get it all done. (If you’ve not been following Teddy’s blog and don’t know what I’m talking about, my 8 month old, Theodore, has kidney failure. I pump so he can have all breastmilk, and that takes 6-7 hours total every day, including at least twice overnight. He requires frequent hospitalizations and a fair amount of time-consuming care at home.)
Looking at my inventory, I’ve been able to restock only a very few things since about this time last year. I’ve remained open through most hospitalizations, but this has only meant that I’m selling off inventory much faster than I can replace it, which is quickly coming back to bite me. I don’t have any hope of being able to do any meaningful restocking for the foreseeable future.
And certainly more important – my kids suffer so much when I’m in Iowa City with Teddy, then I get home and I still don’t have time to play with them or enjoy them because I have to try desperately to get caught back up with Wallypop stuff.
So, some details:
- Current Orders. I’m all caught up on current orders. I have a few orders here on my desk with questions, but those will go out as soon as I hear back from those customers.
- Current wholesale order. I will finish and mail out as soon as possible, hoping for this week.
- All current inventory. I don’t know. Give me a few weeks, I should have some sort of plan. I’m either going to re-open with some sort of new plan in place to prevent an emotional breakdown, or I’m going to sell everything off and reclaim my basement.
- Outstanding made to orders. I will complete these as promised.
- DiaperFAB remains open. Fabric orders are really easy and straightforward, no sewing required.
- Baby Registries remain open and I will complete those orders in a timely fashion, as per our agreement when you opened your registry.
- Questions? Please ask.